Welcome to my crazy life. Once again I am attempting a 365 project, one picture every day for a year. Comments and feedback are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by :)

January 26, 2010

Day 26 {Roast Lamb}

I went to the grocery store today and got a leg of lamb.  I have never had lamb or cooked it before so this is going to be interesting.  I keep getting told to find mint jelly to go with it although I personally think that would be kind of gross, I will try it though.  I searched out a recipe for a marinade and found a good one.  Then after forgetting to go to the grocery store I ended up searching for everything in Walmart while I was there.  Well the Walmart near us is in the middle of building the supercenter and has not quite finished the grocery section so my choices were limited.  I had to get the roast marinating over night so could not just wait to get to the grocery store the next day. While searching around for fresh rosemary ( which Walmart does NOT have) I found an organic marinade in a bottle listing almost the exact same ingredients as my recipe.  SKORE!!!  So I went with the bottle and saved myself a whole lot of time and energy :)

I have it soaking over night now and will cook it with some potatoes and carrots tomorrow.  Hopefully its not too disgusting and everybody eats it!  I think as long as I don't tell Dylan it is a lamb we should be okay!  LOL