Welcome to my crazy life. Once again I am attempting a 365 project, one picture every day for a year. Comments and feedback are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by :)

May 01, 2010

Day 121 Front Lighting

Today i decided to practice some lighting techniques I have been reading about.....I started out small and went with front lighting to start with.  Long story short I put the kids facing a window head on so the catch lights in their eyes were in the center but slightly above the pupil.   This also required me to actually get the focus ON the eyes.  The boys were being SOOOO cooperative.  I would say 80% of my pictures today had a tongue sticking out in it.     Oh well, I think I get it, but please correct me if I am TOTALLY wrong in what I am reading.   Next time I will try side lighting....or at a 45 degree.....that may be more difficult.