Welcome to my crazy life. Once again I am attempting a 365 project, one picture every day for a year. Comments and feedback are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by :)

February 23, 2011

Day 54 The bucket of socks

I hate folding laundry.

I will do almost anything to avoid this task.  Yesterday it got to the point where its was piled so high on my couch I swear it would touch the roof soon.  ( okay well not really but it was BAD)  

My husband finally sat down and started folding it to put it away.  I was happily watching American Idol and didn't really want to be folding laundry but he kind of guilt-ed me into it.  I  mean I can't just sit there and drink my diet coke and enjoy my evening while he spends his night folding our mountain of laundry.   So being the good wife I am, I helped.  ( Only because I felt guilty NOT because I wanted to, lets just make that clear)

So 2 hours later, yes you heard right it took TWO hours away from my relaxing evening, it was all folded and put away.  Minus of course all the dirty laundry on the laundry room floor that will probably get washed and dried by me and go back to a pile on the sofa. 


This morning I put the 2 older kids on the bus and then got my youngest dressed.  Which I may as well point out was a lot easier since all their clothes are in the drawers not on the sofa. The only thing not in the drawers yet was socks.  I have a laundry basket FULL of socks that need matched up still and put away.  ( yeah like that will actually happen) 

I had Ty all dressed including matching socks and left him to play. A half hour later he comes in to show me his new socks.  Apparently the bucket of socks is a lot of fun for an almost 3 year old who has just figured out how to get them on his feet properly.  Off were the nice matching socks I had put on him and in their place was one of his brothers socks inside out and my own yellow sock. 




He was very proud of his new socks......until an hour later when he once again changed those socks for 2 new ones from the bucket.

1 Comment:

Kathy C. said...

What sweet little socked feet. :)